Monday, February 23

And Oldy but a Goody

This "recipe" comes from the deep down places of my heart: this is the snack of my chicken-noodle soup days. Every time I am having a bad day - whether it be physical sickness, stress, emotional overload, overtired-ness, or just plain want-to-crawl-back-under-the-covers-and-lay-there day. On a day like this, I can guarantee you, you do not want to spend time cooking something that will make you feel better. You only have chicken noodle soup if mommy or someone close is making it for you. So this makes the little pick-me-up even better: apple sauce and chocolate chip cookies. Now, I'm a fan of home-cooked applesauce and made-from-scratch cookies, but when I'm not feeling good, Chips Ahoy and Motts will do just the thing. They are my favorite two sweet things put together for a bad day. Just pour yourself some applesauce into a bowl, get a pack of cookies, and plop down anywhere. I like dipping the cookies in applesauce and then nibbling at them when they're soggy, or sometimes just alternating bites can do it. It might sound gross, but try it!

This little combo is perfect for me - at home, there are always the ingredients and at school, I keep a stock of applesauce for breakfast or snacks.

if you're not afraid, try it for a tasty combination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment